Management of hemodialysis unit in a specialized hospital
Chronic Kidney disease is becoming a global public health problem throughout the world. The aim of the study was to assess management status of the hemodialysis unit in a specialized hospital. It was a hospital based descriptive cross sectional study. A total of 17 participants were selected by purposive sampling method on the basis of defined selection criteria from January 2015 to December 2016. The place of study was National Institute of Kidney Diseases and Urology (NIKDU) hospital, Dhaka. The research instruments were a semi structured questionnaire and a checklist. The socio-demographic status of the respondents showed that 11.8 %( n=02) were doctor, 58.8 %( n=10) nurses and 29.4 %( n=05) were technician. Mean age of care providers was 38.82±8.79 years. Majority of respondents, were satisfied regarding the unit including physical facilities 76.5% (n=13) cleanliness of the unit 58.8% (n=10) and medical record facility 52.9% (n=9). Need to strengthen infection control measure and BCC activities among the service providers to improve the management status of the hemodialysis unit of NIKDU hospital.
Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. December 2020, 6(4): 683-688
Copyright (c) 2020 Arifa Sultana, Ashees Kumar Saha, Afsana Bilkis, Papia Sultana, Sajeda Khatun, Kazi Jahangir Hossain
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms / The author(s) affirm(s) that:
- The manuscript submitted is based on authors own research and is original work.
- Authors certify that we all participated in the research work and preparation of the manuscript in a substantive way.
- Authors also declare that they have read and approved the manuscript.
- Authors further declare that the manuscript has not been published in part or full and is not being submitted or considered for publication in part or full elsewhere.
- Any material included in the manuscript does not violate copyright or other rights of anyone.
- Authors also affirm that the article contains no vilifying or unlawful statements and does not contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury to the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journal and the public.
- Authors assure Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. and the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journals, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occurred by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright violation, or any suit arising out of any violation of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of my/our article.
- In consideration of authors manuscript submitted, authors hereby grant Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. unlimited, worldwide, permanent royalty-free, right to publish, use, dispense, license, transmit, display, exhibit, record, store, translate, digitize, broadcast, reproduce and archive, in any format or medium, whether now known or developed hereafter.
All materials related to manuscripts, accepted or rejected, including photographs, original figures etc., will be kept by Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. for one year following the editors decision. These materials will then be destroyed.