Status of chemicals and aqua-drugs used for freshwater fish health management at Rangpur district of Bangladesh
In order to know the existing situation of different chemicals and aqua-drugs used for fish health management an investigation was conducted following a time frame of May, 2019 to October, 2019 at Rangpur district of Bangladesh. Data were collected from the randomly selected fish farmers, company representatives and chemical sellers through questionnaire interview, personal contact and Focus Group Discussion (FGD). Farmers were facing several water quality problems associated with different fish diseases. To overcome those obstacles they use variety of chemicals inclulding lime, salt, potassium permanganate, urea, TSP, phitkiri and copper sulphate. Farmers used different chemicals for various purposes like Aquapure, Biopond, Zeofresh, JV-zeolite, Zeorich, Megazeo plus, Geo-ren etc. for pond preparation and water quality management; Sumithion, Engreb, I-mec, Sanmarine etc. for eradication of unwanted species; Oxymax, Oxymore, Oxylife, Aci-ox, Oxyrich, Oxy-aqua, Oxyren etc. to increase oxygen concentration and Gasonil, Gastrap, Bioaqua-50, Gasonex, Metrix, Pondkleen etc. for reducing harmful gases in pond water. Used disinfectants like Timsen, Virex, Polgard+, , Micronil etc.; antibiotics include Renamycin, Eskamycin, Bactitab, Cotrim vet bolus, Chemycin, Aquamycin etc.; Aqua photo, Safegut, Biomax, Profs, Pond care etc. were the used probiotics where various growth promoters include Panvit aqua, Nutrigel, Aquazyme, Spa gelly, Charger gel etc. Some problems were reported regarding the use of chemicals such as their indiscriminate use, method of application, time of application and inappropriate doses.
Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. June 2020, 6(2): 283-293
Copyright (c) 2020 Soumen Das, Mst Nahid Akter and Mst Masuma Khatun
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms / The author(s) affirm(s) that:
- The manuscript submitted is based on authors own research and is original work.
- Authors certify that we all participated in the research work and preparation of the manuscript in a substantive way.
- Authors also declare that they have read and approved the manuscript.
- Authors further declare that the manuscript has not been published in part or full and is not being submitted or considered for publication in part or full elsewhere.
- Any material included in the manuscript does not violate copyright or other rights of anyone.
- Authors also affirm that the article contains no vilifying or unlawful statements and does not contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury to the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journal and the public.
- Authors assure Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. and the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journals, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occurred by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright violation, or any suit arising out of any violation of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of my/our article.
- In consideration of authors manuscript submitted, authors hereby grant Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. unlimited, worldwide, permanent royalty-free, right to publish, use, dispense, license, transmit, display, exhibit, record, store, translate, digitize, broadcast, reproduce and archive, in any format or medium, whether now known or developed hereafter.
All materials related to manuscripts, accepted or rejected, including photographs, original figures etc., will be kept by Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. for one year following the editors decision. These materials will then be destroyed.