Numerical Simulation of an Improved CZTS/WS2 PV Cell by SCAPS 1-D
Keywords:Solar cell, CZTS, WS2, SCAPS-1D, Buffer layer
CZTS solar cells are promising among the third-generation solar cell. Because of its earth abundant materials and less toxicity CZTS solar cell can perform a sustainable role as an absorber layer. The optimization of a buffer layer is still a challenge and efficiency are still low than other thin film solar cells. In this study, WS2 buffer layer have been used to simulate the PV cell structure in SCAPS-1D simulation software. No research has been found where CZTS and WS2 is used together. We have achieved a maximum efficiency of η = 18.90 % at 300 K working temperature and other factors i.e., Voc, Jsc and FF are also promising. The highest certified efficiency of CZTS solar cell is nearly 12%. The simulation profile can be a guideline for fabricating the improved PV cell.
GUB JOURNAL OF SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, Vol 8, Dec 2021 P 41-48
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2021 Green University of Bangladesh
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish in the GUB Journal of Science and Engineering agree to the following terms that:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the GUB Journal of Science and Engineering the right of first publication of the work.
Articles in GUB Journal of Science and Engineering are licensed under a Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND License Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. This license permits Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
Copyright and Reprint Permissions
- Individual contributions contained in it are protected by the copyright of Green University of Bangladesh.
- Photocopies of this journal in full or parts for personal or classroom usage may be allowed provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and the copies bear this notice and the full citation.
- Copyright for components of this work owned by others must be honored. Abstracting with credit is permitted.
- Specific permission of the publisher and payment of a fee are required for multiple or systemic copying, advertising or promotional purposes, resale, republishing, posting on servers, redistributing to lists and all forms of document delivery.
- Subscribers may reproduce a table of contents or prepare lists of articles including abstracts for internal circulation within their institutions.
- Permission of the Publisher is required for resale and distribution outside the institution. Permission of the publisher is required for all other derivative works, including compilations and translations.
- Except as outlined above, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, such as electronic, mechanical, photocopying, magnetic recording or otherwise, without prior written permission of the publisher.
- Permissions may be sought directly from the office of the executive editor of GUB Journal of Science and Engineering through E-mail at email@example.com.
- Responsibility for the contents of an article rests upon the author(s) and not upon the editor or the publisher. Therefore, on responsibility is assumed by the publisher for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, product instructions or ideas contained in the material herein.