About the Journal
The Chest & Heart Association of Bangladesh is a scientific organization of the pulmonologist & Cardiologist of Bangladesh. It is a non political, non profitable medical scientific organization. Chest & Heart Journal (CHJ) is an printed publication on chest diseases & cardiology dedicated for publishing high-quality research in all areas of the primary care management of respiratory and respiratory-related allergic diseases, cardiology and cardio thoracic surgery. Papers published in the journal represent important advances which is significance to specialists within the fields of cardiology and respiratory medicine.
The Chest & Heart Journal (CHJ) is published twice in a year in the months of January and July. The journal publishes original papers, reviews concerned with recent practice and case report of exceptional merits. Papers are accepted for publication with an understanding that they are subject to editorial revision. A covering letter signed by all authors must state that the data have not been published elsewhere in whole or in part and all authors agree their publication in Chest and Heart Journal. All submitted manuscripts are reviewed by the editors and rejected manuscripts will not be returned. Ethical aspects will be considered in the assessment of the paper. Three typed copies of the article and one soft copy in CD or Pen Drive processed all MS Word 6.0 should be submitted to the editor.
The Aims of The Journals:-
- a) To enhance co-operation among Chest & Heart Specialist and these subjects related medical scientists.
- b) To encourage and conduct activities and other scientific programmes regarding pulmonary and cardiac diseases.
- c) To serve and conduct rehabilitation programmes for the patients affected by pulmonary and cardiac diseases.
- d) To improve the quality of research/scientific activity in the field of pulmonology & cardiology.
It is the official journal organization of The Chest & Heart Association of Bangladesh. The journal publishes Editorial, Review Articles, Original Research, Case Report and Brief Communications. We are interested in research using all appropriate study designs, these including-observational and analytical studies, qualitative research, randomised controll trials, implementation research and systematic reviews.
The mission of Chest & Heart Journal (CHJ) is:
- To provide an authoritative setting for the publication of high-quality internationally-relevant clinical research that is essential for the future management of patients with respiratory and cardiac related diseases.
- To inform and educate respiratory and cardiac healthcare professionals worldwide regarding the research and service developments that promote excellence in the care of patients with respiratory and cardiac related diseases.
All manuscripts are initially screened by editor and sent to selective reviewer. Decisions will be made as rapidly as possible, and the journal strives to return reviewers’ comments to authors within 3 weeks. The editorial board will re-review manuscripts that are accepted pending revision. The Chest Heart. J editorial board will try to publish the manuscript as early as possible fulfilling all the rigorous standard journal needs.
- All submitted manuscripts are subject to scrutiny by the editor in-chief or any member of the Editorial Board
- Manuscripts containing materials without sufficient scientific value and of a priority issue or not fulfilling the requirement for publication may be rejected or it may be sent back to the author(s) for submission with necessary modifications to suit one of the submission categories.
- Manuscripts fulfilling the requirements and found suitable for consideration are sent for peer review. Submissions found suitable for publication by the reviewer, may need revision/modifications before being finally accepted.
- At least three reviewer involves per paper. It takes about Seven days to review a paper by reviewer
- The Editorial Board finally decides upon the merit of the reviewed and revised/modified submission.
- Reviewed accepted manuscript may be sent to the authors, and should be corrected and returned to the editorial office within one week. No addition to the manuscript at this stage will be accepted.
- All accepted manuscripts are edited according to the Journal’s Style.
The Chest & Heart Journal (CHJ) is published twice in a year (January and July)
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making the research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Article Processing Fees
There is no any article processing fees.
Source of Support
Chest & Heart journal is the official organ of The Chest and Heart Association of Bangladesh. The fund needed for publication is collected from the monthly subscription of members of Chest and Heart Association and scientific grant from pharmaceuticals company of Bangladesh