Effective Strain Image Sequence Selection by Using Semi-Automated Image Processing Technique
Keywords:B Mode image, Computer Aided Diagnosis (CAD), Contrast, Elastography, GLCM, Strain Image.
One fourth of the cancer detected in women worldwide is breast cancer which leads this as a major threat for women. There are many methods of detecting cancer among which ultra-sound strain imaging is one of the promising techniques. However, in strain sequence, not all the frames show clear tumor visibility. Consequently, in this paper we tested some well-defined algorithms to find only those frames where the tumor is comparatively clearly visible. We have used Mean Pixel Difference (MPD) and Gray- Level Co-occurrence Matrix (GLCM) to find the frames with better tumor visibility. We have tested our methods in several real-life cases and the results have been examined by a professional doctor. The MPD has an accuracy of 96.2% and the GLCM. Contrast has that of 55.55%.
GUB JOURNAL OF SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING, Vol 7, Dec 2020 P 8-13
How to Cite
Authors who publish in the GUB Journal of Science and Engineering agree to the following terms that:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the GUB Journal of Science and Engineering the right of first publication of the work.
Articles in GUB Journal of Science and Engineering are licensed under a Creative Commons CC BY-NC-ND License Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. This license permits Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
Copyright and Reprint Permissions
- Individual contributions contained in it are protected by the copyright of Green University of Bangladesh.
- Photocopies of this journal in full or parts for personal or classroom usage may be allowed provided that copies are not made or distributed for profit or commercial advantage and the copies bear this notice and the full citation.
- Copyright for components of this work owned by others must be honored. Abstracting with credit is permitted.
- Specific permission of the publisher and payment of a fee are required for multiple or systemic copying, advertising or promotional purposes, resale, republishing, posting on servers, redistributing to lists and all forms of document delivery.
- Subscribers may reproduce a table of contents or prepare lists of articles including abstracts for internal circulation within their institutions.
- Permission of the Publisher is required for resale and distribution outside the institution. Permission of the publisher is required for all other derivative works, including compilations and translations.
- Except as outlined above, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, such as electronic, mechanical, photocopying, magnetic recording or otherwise, without prior written permission of the publisher.
- Permissions may be sought directly from the office of the executive editor of GUB Journal of Science and Engineering through E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Responsibility for the contents of an article rests upon the author(s) and not upon the editor or the publisher. Therefore, on responsibility is assumed by the publisher for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any methods, product instructions or ideas contained in the material herein.