About the Journal
Focus and Scope
The Dhaka University Law Journal (DULJ) is interested in original contributions on contemporary or jurisprudentially important legal issues. It invites manuscripts on all contemporary issues relating to Civil law, Criminal law, Comparative law, Legal Theory and Jurisprudence, International law, Human Rights and Humanitarian law, and Access to Justice through Pro Bono Lawyering, Legal Aid and ADR. Authors are also encouraged to submit manuscripts on other jurisprudentially important issues not included in this list.
All articles published by the Dhaka University Law Journal are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. This permits anyone to copy, redistribute, remix, transmit and adapt the work provided the original work and source is appropriately cited.
- Article received from the Contributor/Author
- Screening by the Editorial Board judging its suitability for review by the reviewer (If yes)
- Reviewer shall review within 15 days with detailed comments in a prescribed form provided by the Editorial Board
- Reviewers Report: (if not publishable) then send back with reasons of unacceptability to the Author/Contributor
- Acceptance letter is issued within 15 days mentioning a specific time of publication
- If publishable but requires further development then the Article is sent back to the Author for revision and resubmission within one month
- In case of resubmission of the revised Article, the reviewer will check the manuscript again to ensure that the revision was properly done
- Articles eligible for publication must be published within an academic year to confirm the regularity of the journal
All articles of the journal from its first volume up to the latest issue are available online. Viewers can make unlimited downloads free of cost. Hard copies of the journal, however, need to be subscribed. Hard copy subscription rates for a single issue are Tk. 75.00 (domestic), and $15 (international). Institutional subscriptions for a single issue costs Taka 100 (domestic) and $20 (international). Postage costs need to be borne in addition.
Conflict of interest
Reviewers and Authors may not belong to the same academic or professional institution.
Confidentiality of the double-blind peer review is maintained strictly in every step of the publication process; manuscripts with plagiarism more than 20% may not be accepted for publication.
The Dhaka University Law Journal (DULJ) is published single volume in a year.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
Article Processing Fees
There is no article processing fees.
Source of Support
Funded by the University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh
The Registrar, University of Dhaka, Dhaka