Laparoscopic Excision of A Rare Retroperitoneal Non-Pancreatic Pseudocyst
Keywords:Retroperitoneal cysts, non-pancreatic pseudocysts, laparoscopic excision
AbstractRetroperitoneal cysts (RCs) are rare. They are composed of both epithelial and mesothelial tissues, and those without an epithelial lining in the wall are called pseudocysts. Most retroperitoneal pseudocysts are pancreatic in origin, and nonpancreatic pseudocysts are very rarely reported.We report a case of large cystic lesion adjacent to the left kidney in a 25 years old man. He presented with 2 and half years history of gradual swelling of left upper abdomen. Abdominal ultrasonography and CT scan showed a large unilocular cystic mass in left side of the abdomen, which was attached with the lower pole of the left kidney. The cystic mass was excised laparoscopically. Histology showed a fibrous wall without epithelial lining thus confirming the diagnosis of a nonpancreatic pseudocyst.
How to Cite
Authors of articles published in BJE retain the copyright of their articles and are free to reproduce and disseminate their work. A Copyright and License Agreement signed and dated by the corresponding author on behalf of all authors must be submitted with each manuscript submission.
Copyright Agreement Form
Bangladesh Journal of Endosurgery (BJE) copyright and license agreement:
Title of the Article:
In submitting a research article ('article') to Bangladesh Journal of Endosurgery (BJE) I certify that:
1. I am authorized by my co-authors to enter into these arrangements.
2. I warrant, on behalf of myself and my co-authors, that:
- the article is original, has not been formally published in any other peer-reviewed journal, is not under consideration by any other journal and does not infringe any existing copyright or any other third party rights;
- I am/we are the sole author(s) of the article and have full authority to enter into this agreement and in granting rights to BJE are not in breach of any other obligation. If the law requires that the article be published in the public domain, I/we will notify BJE at the time of submission upon which clauses 3 through 6 inclusive do not apply;
- the article contains nothing that is unlawful, libellous, or which would, if published, constitute a breach of contract or of confidence or of commitment given to secrecy;
- I/we have taken due care to ensure the integrity of the article. To my/our - and currently accepted scientific - knowledge all statements contained in it purporting to be facts are true and any formula or instruction contained in the article will not, if followed accurately, cause any injury, illness or damage to the user.
And I agree to the following license agreement:
BJE Open Access license agreement
Brief summary of the agreement
Anyone is free:
- to copy, distribute, and display the work;
- to make derivative works;
- to make commercial use of the work;
Under the following conditions: Attribution
- the original author must be given credit;
- for any reuse or distribution, it must be made clear to others what the license terms of this work are;
- any of these conditions can be waived if the authors gives permission.
Statutory fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.
Full BJE Open Access license agreement
(Identical to the 'Creative Commons Attribution License')
Authors Full Name: