Preparation of dahi from cow and buffalo skim milk with addition of mango (Mangifera indica) juice
The aim of this research was evaluation of dahi prepared from cow and buffalo skim milk addition of mango juice. Four types of dahi were prepared from cows and buffalos skim milk which designated by A (cows skim milk), B (cows skim milk with 10% mango juice), C (buffalos skim milk) and D (buffalos skim milk with 10% mango juice). The quality of prepared dahi was measured by organoleptic, chemical and microbiological test. Smell and taste, body and consistency, colour and texture score of dahi improved due to adding mango juice to compare with their control group. The overall acceptability score of B and D sample were 85.67±1.53 and 81.67±4.04 which higher than both control group. From chemical analysis, it was found higher total solids in 10% mango juice containing B (202.0±0.20 g/kg) and D (196.0±0.49 g/kg) dahi samples than both control groups. Again, lower fat and protein contents found in 10% mango juice containing B and D dahi samples. Total viable count was found significantly higher in both 10% mango juice containing B and D dahi samples than both control groups. In conclusion, that addition of mango juice with cows skim milk dahi or buffalo skim milk dahi were both better in terms of organoleptic and chemical qualities more acceptable than plain skim milk dahi.
Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. June 2017, 3(2): 191-197
Copyright (c) 2017 Fahmid Kh
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms / The author(s) affirm(s) that:
- The manuscript submitted is based on authors own research and is original work.
- Authors certify that we all participated in the research work and preparation of the manuscript in a substantive way.
- Authors also declare that they have read and approved the manuscript.
- Authors further declare that the manuscript has not been published in part or full and is not being submitted or considered for publication in part or full elsewhere.
- Any material included in the manuscript does not violate copyright or other rights of anyone.
- Authors also affirm that the article contains no vilifying or unlawful statements and does not contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury to the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journal and the public.
- Authors assure Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. and the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journals, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occurred by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright violation, or any suit arising out of any violation of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of my/our article.
- In consideration of authors manuscript submitted, authors hereby grant Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. unlimited, worldwide, permanent royalty-free, right to publish, use, dispense, license, transmit, display, exhibit, record, store, translate, digitize, broadcast, reproduce and archive, in any format or medium, whether now known or developed hereafter.
All materials related to manuscripts, accepted or rejected, including photographs, original figures etc., will be kept by Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. for one year following the editors decision. These materials will then be destroyed.