Transfection optimisation in HEK-293 cell line
Transfection is the most popular experiments among biological scientist to study the gene expression. But it is really tedious to find out the optimum conditions for protein expression for transfection while working with plasmid DNA. In our present study, the main objective was to setup suitable conditions to study the protein expression. From different conditions, protein expression was observed for 2?g of DNA. We tried different cell number and time frame and got 6.25×105cell/ well of 6 well and 24 hour incubation were the best condition for maximum expression of protein. In our experiment 1:3 ratio of DNA: Lipfectamine was the best for optimum expression of protein in mammalian cell line.
Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. June 2015, 1(1): 121-129
Copyright (c) 2015 Jay Prakash Sah, M Salahuddin, M Abu Sayed, Abu Saim Al Salauddin, Md Sayfullah, Mahjabin Rashid, Saidin Saclain, Mizanur Rahman Washim, Muhammad Aurang Zeb, Deluwer Hossain, Md Rayhan Chowdhury, MA Momin
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms / The author(s) affirm(s) that:
- The manuscript submitted is based on authors own research and is original work.
- Authors certify that we all participated in the research work and preparation of the manuscript in a substantive way.
- Authors also declare that they have read and approved the manuscript.
- Authors further declare that the manuscript has not been published in part or full and is not being submitted or considered for publication in part or full elsewhere.
- Any material included in the manuscript does not violate copyright or other rights of anyone.
- Authors also affirm that the article contains no vilifying or unlawful statements and does not contain material or instructions that might cause harm or injury to the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journal and the public.
- Authors assure Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. and the Editor-in-Chief/Editors of the Journals, and hold them harmless from any loss, expense or damage occurred by a claim or suit by a third party for copyright violation, or any suit arising out of any violation of the foregoing warranties as a result of publication of my/our article.
- In consideration of authors manuscript submitted, authors hereby grant Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. unlimited, worldwide, permanent royalty-free, right to publish, use, dispense, license, transmit, display, exhibit, record, store, translate, digitize, broadcast, reproduce and archive, in any format or medium, whether now known or developed hereafter.
All materials related to manuscripts, accepted or rejected, including photographs, original figures etc., will be kept by Asian J. Med. Biol. Res. for one year following the editors decision. These materials will then be destroyed.